Long-time Brookside business and property owner Leon Goodhart was honored March 22 at a brief ceremony where Brookside Plaza was be renamed “Leon Goodhart Way.” Goodhart had been a Brookside businessman since 1949, when he came to the United States from Poland to work for his great uncle, Jacob Hyman, at the Country Club Shoe Store. Goodhart went on to take over the business, and operated it until his retirement in the late 1990s. In addition, Goodhart owned and managed much of the property along Brookside Plaza, including the Brookside Plaza office building. He was a past president of the Brookside Business Association and a board member of the Brookside Community Improvement District. Goodhart passed away in June 2012.
You can also search on youtube.com for Leongoodhartway it is the only video by that name on youtube.com or go to: http://youtu.be/ZN7DLIzMgQ4
A diamond in the city for over 100 years, the historic Brookside shops have served the community since 1919. Hundreds of business owners have started their dreams in Brookside and served thousands of customers with a friendly smile and the kind of customer service only a neighbor can provide. The boundaries of the Brookside CID are Wornall Road to the west, Main Street to the east, 62nd Terrace to the north, and Meyer Blvd to the south. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.