WOW! Celebrate Women Owned Weekend in the Brookside Shops Oct 6-8th
October is National Women’s Small Business month and Brookside is excited to celebrate the many women-owned small businesses that make Brookside so special. Several of our oldest, and most recognized businesses are women owned. Better yet, women-owned businesses thrive in Brookside with many open 10, 20 and over 30 years. "The eclectic mixture of women-owned stores in Brookside has always created an exciting destination for all customers, but especially for women of all ages who love to meet in Brookside or gather over lunch and then wander the sidewalks popping in and out of our many charming stores," said Jan Buerge, owner of World's Window.
Show your appreciation to the women of Brookside during the second annual Women-Owned Weekend (WOW), Thursday, October 6th through Saturday, October 8th. Women-owned businesses are celebrating in a variety of ways throughout the weekend. From specials to pop-ups featuring other women-owned businesses, to giveaways, and fundraisers for charities that support women, the weekend will be about featuring and honoring the many successful, hardworking, innovative women-owned businesses who are also inspiring the next generation of women-owned businesses in KC.
Celebrate Women-Owned Weekend, Oct 6-8, featuring these incredible women-owned businesses:
- a store named STUFF, 316 W 63rd St - Free Set/4 of Women Inspired Coasters with $20 purchase or more
- barre3, 18 W 63rd St - 1/2 off first month of membership, and your first class is FREE
- Brookside Barber Shop, 308 W 63rd St – short cuts, long cuts, beards, kids - with over 75 years of experience our expertise goes well beyond the simple haircut.
- Brookside Gallery and Framing, 114 W 63rd St – Celebrating 30 years of outstanding customer service and excellence in craftsmanship for you and your framing needs!
- Brookside Party Warehouse, 103 W 63rd St – your women-owned, one-stop party store with supplies for all life's celebrations, and Halloween costumes year-round
- Brookside Toy & Science, 330 W 63rd St - featuring products from women-owned toy companies
- COCO brookside, 112 W 63rd St - Spend $49 or more and get a 20% off coupon good on a future purchase!
- The Corner Candleshop, 6231 Brookside Plaza - 30% off “Pumpkin Patch” the fragrance of the month, FREE pumpkin patch car freshener with $50 purchase and 25% off the pumpkin decor in the “pumpkin patch.”
- CycleBar Brookside, coming soon to 314 W 63rd St – meet owner Rachel Friday to sign up and learn more. Founding members get 25% off your Unlimited Membership for life!
- EB and Co., 326 W 63rd St - 50% off clearance sale and complimentary champagne in store, plus buy any 3+ items for 15% off storewide.
- Foo's Fabulous Frozen Custard, 6235 Brookside Plaza – drop in for KC’s favorite custard combos
- Jorjy, 320 W 63rd St
- Lady Bye, 6245 Brookside Plaza - Spend $49 or more and get a 20% off coupon good on a future purchase
- Lauren Alexandra, 322 W 63rd St – see our new fall and Halloween collections!
- Mail Pkgs Etc, 6300 Main St – personal service for all your shipping needs
- Optical Innovations, 107 W 63rd St - Featuring Kansas City’s most incredible selection of fabulous eyeglass frames and sunglasses from around the world
- Parallel Salon, 6233 Brookside Plaza - The best full-service experience for your hair, mind and spirit!
- SKIN KC, 6247 Brookside Plaza - natural skin care and body products made with organic ingredients and oils each with a specific healing component in mind
- The Grove Spa & Boutique, 328 W 63rd St - $100 of lip filler, and be sure to see our other services and variety of gifts
- World’s Window, 332 W 63rd St - Draw your own discount of up to 38% off your total purchase to celebrate our World's Window 38th Anniversary! Also, with any purchase, register for a chance to win a "Makes a Difference" Gift Basket filled with over $100 worth of wonderful products all highlighting what a difference we can help make.
And be sure to support these other great women-owned businesses in Brookside:
- BKS Nails, 6246 Brookside Plaza – striving to give the community the best quality and customer service
- The Brookside Dentist, 6247 Brookside Blvd Ste 207 – renovating but returning to Brookside soon!
- D Bordman CPA LLC, 6247 Brookside Blvd, Ste 235 – Building genuine relationships cultivated with each of our clients
- Rolfing Kansas City, 121 W 63rd, Ste 209 - Rolfing Expansion + Thia Massage to help people feel more comfortable and find better alignment
- Sierra Winter Jewelry, coming soon to 6245 Brookside Boulevard
Did you know? About 20% of U.S. small businesses fail within the first year. By the end of their fifth year, roughly 50% have faltered. After 10 years, only around a third of businesses have survived. So many women-owned businesses in Brookside have bucked that trend. Several of our most recognized businesses are women owned and have thrived for decades. Businesses like World’s Window, Foo’s Fabulous Frozen Custard, The Corner Candleshop, A Store Named Stuff, Optical Innovation, Brookside Gallery and Framing, Parallel Salon, the Brookside Barber and Lauren Alexandra have found long-term success in Brookside.
And there’s a whole new generate of women owners from brand new additions like Sierra Winter Jewelry, to recent additions like COCO, Lady Bye, SKIN KC, EB and Co, the Grove Spa and Jorjy, to new women owners of long-term businesses like Brookside Toy and Science, the Brookside Dentist, and Brookside Party Warehouse to women-owned franchises like barre3.