WOW! Celebrate Women Owned Weekend in the Brookside Shops Oct 19th-22nd
October is National Women’s Small Business month and Brookside is excited to celebrate the many women-owned small businesses that make Brookside so special. Several of our oldest, and most recognized businesses are women owned. Better yet, women-owned businesses thrive in Brookside with many open 10, 20 and over 30 years.
"I love my fellow Brooside woman business owners! We are a close group who show up for each other (literally sometimes sharing hugs in the parking lot after a particularly difficult day).” Abby Flores, owner of LADYCO.
Brookside kicks off their Women-Owned Weekend (W.O.W) Thursday, October 19 from 5-7 p.m. The public is invited to come shop the beautiful women-owned businesses of Brookside. During this time, participating businesses will offer extended shopping hours and the first 100 shoppers who visit LADYCO (314 W 63rd St., Suite A, Kansas City, MO, 64113) will receive a Brookside Insider discount card and a complimentary cocktail. The Insider card has exclusive deals from select Brookside women-owned businesses valid October 19 through November 8 2023.
The celebration will continue throughout the weekend featuring and honoring the many successful, hardworking, innovative women-owned businesses who are also inspiring the next generation of women-owned businesses in KC.
Celebrate Women-Owned Weekend, Oct 19-22, featuring these incredible women-owned businesses:
- a store named STUFF, 316 W 63rd St - Selling artist originals, handmade gifts, fine art, and so much more!
- barre3, 18 W 63rd St - Their efficient + effective workout combines strength, cardio, and mindfulness.
- BKS Nails, 6246 Brookside Plaza – striving to give the community the best quality and customer service
- Brookside Barber Shop, 308 W 63rd St – short cuts, long cuts, beards, kids - with over 75 years of experience our expertise goes well beyond the simple haircut.
- Brookside Gallery and Framing, 114 W 63rd St – Celebrating 30+ years of outstanding customer service and excellence in craftsmanship for you and your framing needs!
- Brookside Party Warehouse, 103 W 63rd St – your women-owned, one-stop party store with supplies for all life's celebrations, and Halloween costumes year-round
- Brookside Toy & Science, 330 W 63rd St - featuring products from women-owned toy companies
- The Corner Candleshop, 6231 Brookside Plaza - Celebrating 20 years of handcrafted unique, high quality fragranced candles.”
- CycleBar Brookside, 314 W 63rd St –CycleBar® offers energizing rides tailored to all fitness levels. C
- D Bordman CPA LLC, 6247 Brookside Blvd, Ste 235 – Building genuine relationships cultivated with each of our clients
- EB and Co., 326 W 63rd St - A modern accessories brand and fashion boutique with pieces that are trendy, unique and perfect to gift or get..
- Foo's Fabulous Frozen Custard, 6235 Brookside Plaza – drop in for KC’s favorite custard combos
- Jorjy, 320 W 63rd St - a lifestyle shop that offers a fresh take on wallpaper, fabric, art and accessories for the home as well as interior design services.
- LADYCO, 314 W 63rd St Suite A - In celebration of WOW, LADYCO will donate a portion of all sales to the P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education (PCE) grant. The PCE grant was established in 1973 to provide need-based grants to women whose education has been interrupted and who find it necessary to return to school to support themselves and/or their families
- Lauren Alexandra, 322 W 63rd St – see our new fall and Halloween collections!
- Mail Pkgs Etc, 6300 Main St – personal service for all your shipping needs
- Nothing Bundt Cakes, 322 W 63rd Street – Coming soon!
- Optical Innovations, 107 W 63rd St - Featuring Kansas City’s most incredible selection of fabulous eyeglass frames and sunglasses from around the world
- Parallel Salon, 6233 Brookside Plaza - The best full-service experience for your hair, mind and spirit!
- Rolfing Kansas City, 121 W 63rd, Ste 209 - Rolfing Expansion + Thai Massage to help people feel more comfortable and find better alignment
- Shop Local KC, 6245 Brookside Plaza - Come shop local artists and makers goods!
- Sierra Winter Jewelry, 6245 Brookside Boulevard - A handcrafted collection of high-quality and inspired pieces intricately designed by Sierra Otto,
- SKIN KC, 6247 Brookside Plaza - natural skin care and body products made with organic ingredients and oils each with a specific healing component in mind
- Strech Zone, 6231 Brookside Plaza - Your first 30 minute stretch is free!
- The Brookside Dentist, 6247 Brookside Blvd Ste 207 –Provides expert dental care from infancy to adulthood to all of Kansas City.
- The Grove Spa & Boutique, 328 W 63rd St - A more relaxing and spa like experience than any other med spa in Kansas City.
Did you know? About 20% of U.S. small businesses fail within the first year. By the end of their fifth year, roughly 50% have faltered. After 10 years, only around a third of businesses have survived. So many women-owned businesses in Brookside have bucked that trend. Several of our most recognized businesses are women owned and have thrived for decades. Businesses like Foo’s Fabulous Frozen Custard, The Corner Candleshop, A Store Named Stuff, Optical Innovation, Brookside Gallery and Framing, Parallel Salon, the Brookside Barber and Lauren Alexandra have found long-term success in Brookside.
And there’s a whole new generation of women owners from brand new additions like Sierra Winter Jewelry, to recent additions like LADYCO, SKIN KC, EB and Co, the Grove Spa and Jorjy, to new women owners of long-term businesses like Brookside Toy and Science, the Brookside Dentist, and Brookside Party Warehouse to women-owned franchises like barre3 and Stretch Zone.