Artist Application Final Deadline midnight January 15, 2023
Notification of selection January 29th
Friday, May 5th, 5pm - 9pm
Saturday, May 6th, 10am - 9pm
Sunday, May 7th, 11am - 5pm
The 2023 Art Annual is Friday, May 5th through Sunday, May 7th, 2023. The show is Kansas City’s first outdoor art show of the year, attracts a lot of buyers and arts enthusiasts, and is ranked amongst the best in the nation each year. The show draws upwards of 70,000 people from all over the metropolitan area and beyond for the three-day event. The show is also recognized by participating artists for its focus on art (we’re an art show, not a festival), large attraction, volume of sales, and hospitality (we work hard to make your experience great).
Thank you to TheUnseenStars.com for production and permission to post this video.
2023 show increases not passed on to selected artists
Thursday Afternoon Set-up
Saturday dinner with wine delivered to booth!
Electricity included in booth fee
Space for storage behind booth
T-shirt, hat or additional meal included
Water delivered to booths
Booth sitters available
Hotel discounted rates
Friendly staff & volunteers that want to make you happy
APPLY THROUGH ZAPP HERE
Apply before midnight, January 15th in one or more of the following categories. Visit ZAPP for more details, rules and regulations.
- Clay - Art objects, either functional or decorative of earthenware, porcelain, or tile, made by shaping and then firing. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted.
- Digital - Pictures made with the assistance of computers. Computer graphics are often made with software called drawing, painting, illustrating and photographic programs or applications. Traditional photographs taken through a digital media should apply in the photography category.
- Drawing/Pastels - Drawings are works on paper using pencil, crayon, ink, charcoal, pastels and a variety of other marking media.
- Fiber - Includes artwork from fibers such a basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry and papermaking. No machine-tooled, machine-screened patterns or miscellaneous forms of mass production are permitted.
- Glass - Glass works that are functional or decorative by design and are kiln formed or crafter by glass blowing, molding or casting. Works may be etched or engraved.
- Jewelry - Creating artwork through the forging, twisting and fabricating of various metals. All jewelry, produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials should apply in this category. No commercial casts, molds or production studio work is permitted.
- Metal - Creating artwork through the forging, twisting and fabricating of various metals.
- Two-Dimensional Mixed Media - Works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production. Works should include more than one of the following: Paint, pencil, watercolor, photography, printmaking or drawing.
- Three-Dimensional Mixed Media - Works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production. Works should include more than one of the following: clay work, fiber, glass, metal, wood, or any other 3-D objects.
- Painting: Oil/Acrylic - Creation of a still life, portrait, landscape, abstract or other image on a flat surface, with oil and or acrylic paint or sticks.
- Painting: Watercolor - Creation of a still life, portrait, landscape, abstract or other image on a flat surface with watercolors.
- Photography - Process of capturing images of objects by the action of light, then printing the images, by chemical or digital means, onto a flat surface. Negatives must be the artist’s original and processed either by the artist or under his/her direct supervision.
- Printmaking/Graphics - Printmaking is a transfer process of producing original art, usually in multiples. It involves creating a drawing or other composition on a surface other than paper, from transfer to paper through the use of a press or through impressions made by hand.
- Sculpture - three dimensional works done in any medium.
- Wood - Art objects, either functional or decorative hand-tooled or machine worked, turned or carved.
A total of 180 spaces, including prior-year
award winners invited back to the show.
Single Booth Fee - $495*
Corner Booth - $620
Double Booth - $990
Double Wide Booth - $1000.00