The 2011 Brookside Holiday Scavenger Hunt (the “Contest”) is sponsored by The Brookside Business Association (BBA). The Contest begins on Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. Central Standard time and ends on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at Noon, Central Standard time.
2. ELIGIBILITY – VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
This Contest is open to persons who are registered participants of the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
You can enter the Contest by visiting the BrooksideKC Facebook page during the Contest Period, and following the posted instructions on the site to complete the Scavenger Hunt activities and posting to BrooksideKC Facebook page. All entries must be received by Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at Noon, Central Standard time.
Participants must meet the Contest Submission Requirements described in Section 4 below. Entrants are required to agree to these Official Rules at the time of entry by using the accept feature at the Contest Entry Form.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Your entry (“Entry”) must meet all of the following requirements or it will be disqualified.
- Your registration must be submitted via the form provided on the BrooksideKC Facebook page
- Your Entry must include all of the items described in the Scavenger Hunt list
- Your Entry must be original, unpublished, your sole property, and not previously submitted in any other contest.
- Your Entry must not include unsuitable content or depict or incorporate: unsafe behavior or situations; obscenity; disparagement of any product or person; or other offensive conduct or material, or otherwise include inappropriate content.
- By submitting an Entry you agree that the BBA has the unrestricted right to: use your Entry in whole or in part, commercially or non-commercially, in any media known or unknown, in perpetuity, including the right to publish and display the Entry for advertising and publicity, and to edit and make derivative works, all without additional review or compensation. Additionally you agree that BBA may post your Entry (including your name) on its website(s) and/or its Web pages on third-party sites.
- To Register and submit your Entries, you must read and agree to these Official Rules. You agree that by submitting this Entry, you relinquish all rights, as outlined herein, and the Entry, its characters and content becomes the property of BBA.
5. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND PUBLICATION
During the Contest Period, BBA or its designee will review the Entries and award one first place winner for each of the following:
- First to complete Entries for the first five Scavenger Hunt Clues
- First to complete Entries for the first ten Scavenget Hunt Clues
- First to complete Entries for all fifteen Scavenger Hunt Clues
All Registered parties that complete the entire Scavenger Hunt by providing Entries to all fifteen Scavenger Hunt Clues by Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at Noon, Central Standard time, will be entered into a drawing for three winning prize places.
Winners will be drawn on Thursday, December 1st at the Brookside Tree Lighting Ceremony starting at 6pm. Winners do not need to be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail using the contact information provided at the time of Registration. The BBA will make two attempts to contact the winner. If the BBA is not receiving a response from a potential winner within 6 weeks as of being notified for the first time of winning the prize, the corresponding Entry may be deemed ineligible to win a prize and another winner may be drawn.
In addition, the BBA will announce the winner on the Contest Website. By entering the Contest, you agree that, in the event of winning a prize, BBA may use your name in publicity, and you waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. This obligation shall last for 6 months after the end of the Contest Period, after which it shall terminate.
BBA shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the affected Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the corresponding BBA post. A potential winner may be required to provide BBA with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the submitted registration. If a dispute cannot be resolved to BBA’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible to win a prize but these Official Rules will otherwise continue to govern the affected entry.
6. PRIZES / APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE
The total approximate retail value of all the prizes to be awarded under the Contest is $50 US currency.
Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the BBA, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All taxes (income, earning, value added, state, local, federal or otherwise) imposed by any government or regulatory authority having jurisdiction upon you are your sole responsibility. BBA will not enter into any discussions, payment, subsidy or contribution to any tax liabilities surrounding acceptance of the prize. Winners should seek independent advice if this is a concern. All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the BBA in its sole discretion.
The BBA cannot accurately predict the number of Entries in the Contest and therefore reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or use criteria selected by BBA in its sole and absolute discretion to identify those Entries that will be judged.
7.1 Warranties and limitation of liability
- Any problems with the functionality of the prize are subject to the manufacturer's guarantee which is either detailed in the product documentation accompanying the prize or which can be ordered from the manufacturer directly. The winner is responsible to follow all instructions and in case of a guarantee to comply with all requirements to register and raise its claim.
- To the extent permissible by law, BBA excludes any representation or warranty, express or implied, as well as any liability in respect to the prize(s) except for damage that is proven to be caused by shipment or processing by BBA.
- Under no circumstances shall BBA be liable for any Internet malfunctions that may prevent the Participant’s participation in the prize draw as planned. Moreover, BBA shall accept no liability in the event you have made errors or mistakes when registering or participating in the Contest.
7.2 Governing Law
This Contest shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Missouri, excluding provisions regarding conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Missouri courts for all matters (including contractual and non-contractual disputes) involving this Contest.
Inquiries concerning this Contest should be sent by email to: email@example.com